My current roles include…
- UK & Europe Senior Operations Coordinator for music rehearsal and recording Studios Pirate Studios
- Manager for The Rosa Gray Band
Previous roles & projects Rosa has been a part of
- Administrator at Disabled Children Charity Time2Share. Groups coordinator, administrator and database guru was nominated & won the Best Disabled Children’s Support NPO 2018.
- Financial Treasurer for The Bristol Community Big Band
- Administrator and marketing at community Arts, Dance and Music venue SouthBank Club, Bristol
- Administrator and Volunteer Co-ordinator for St George’s Bristol, World Music Venue
- Finance Reconciliation for LSUK March 2016
- Admin Assistant for the SouthBank Bristol 2014
- Colston Hall’s Remix Academy Project 2014
- Music Leader for Find your voice 2014
- Animateur for Young Carers Banes Project June 2013
Freelance Event Management-
Rosa has worked on many festivals and day events including :
• Bath’s International Guitar Festival 2015- Show Manager
• Bristol Jazz and Blues Festival 2015 Artist Liaison Co-Ordinator
• Love Supreme Jazz Festival 2014- Festival Assistant, Artist Liaison
•St George’s Bristol -Sept 2013- July 2014 -(Music Venue) House Manager/ Front of House Manager/ Wedding Coordinator
• Brecon Jazz Festival 2014- Head Steward
• GrillStock Festival 2014- Artist Liaison
• Love Saves the Day 2014- Area Manager
• Veg Fest 2014- Area Manager
• Bristol’s Park Street Slide 2014
• Bristol Jazz and Blues Festival 2014- Artist Liaison
• Bath’s International Music Festival; 2011-2013 – Assistant Concert Manager
• Bath’s International Guitar festival Event Manager 2013
• Stage Crew and Artist Liaison BrisFest 2012
St George’s Bristol
In July 2015 Rosa left her full time job at the prestigous music venue St George’s Bristol to work freelance instead.
Rosa had the role of office administrator where she was the first point of contact for the 100 strong volunteer steward pool for which she created the rota’s of 250 concerts across 3 busy concert seasons per year. Rosa delivered regular training sessions, sent weekly update emails with new procedures, maintenance works etc.and was in charge of interviewing new volunteers to bring on board.
Rosa managed the maintenance of the building, liaising with all contractors (from builders to electricians) start to finish as well as creating gardening and cleaning rota’s and obtaining quotes for future works. Rosa completed daily building checks, fire alarm tests, took charge of all lightbulbs, the car park rota, water/ electric meters, heating and essential toiletry/ kitchen stock.
Rosa ran the office, sorting all mail in and out of the building, being in charge of photocopier/internet/ phone problems, taking incoming calls, sorting the admin email, looking after visitors, taking in deliveries, setting up meetings and cashing up merchandise/ programme sales.
Rosa also house managed concerts at the venue, taking care of the artists and chased contracts for upcoming events. For the Bristol Folk Festival 2015 Rosa organised the market + food stalls, children’s workshops, Doric Stage artists and all marketing- creating contracts, invoices and decoration.
“You’ve been an outstanding co-ordinator for both people skills and efficiency; you’re definitely someone going places!”
“Your communication skills are second to none”
“I think you have done an outstanding job at making volunteers feel enthused, informed and valued, setting the bar high for your successor”
A selection of comments from the wonderful volunteers at St George’s.